Sep 01, 2010 | Comments 1
This is not System administrator’s Ping utility but a new social music networking from Apple. Steve Jobs announced today in the special Apple event. Along with the all new Apple TV and iPod touch Ping has a surprise for the social media community. Apple has already got 160 million iTune users in 23 countries and Steve Jobs think Ping will be big success in coming months.
Ping can be accessed when you download iTune 10 from Apple website. Ping works on the iTunes app on iPhone and iPod touch. Some of the features are
- Get in on the action with artist photos and status updates. You can even add comments and join the conversation.
- Find out what music an artist likes and pick up a few recommendations.
- See what kind of music your friends and friends-to-be are into. Then follow them with a click. Find even more music fans with a quick search, by sending email invites, or by connecting to your Facebook account.
- See when artists are playing near you and see who else will be in the audience, too. Then click to buy tickets from Live Nation.
- Check out who your friends are following and who’s following them right back. Listen to 30-second previews of songs your friends recommend.
In fact Ping is a mixture of Facebook and Twitter but its built into iTunes and you need an apple device to keep in touch with your fellow friends. No doubt that Apple got 160 million active iTune users and it will create another social media music jungle !